-->

Friday, June 30, 2006

My name for God

I have always enjoyed the variety of names given to God in the Bible. The major characterists of God are given names: LORD, God, Abba, Adonai, Jesus and King. With each name, we get a better understanding, or a new understanding, for who this being is. He is beyond all that we know or could imagine, but the names help us to relate to Him for who He is: King, God, Abba. Check out some of the following links about God's names:

My favorite name for God has always been I AM (or LORD; Exodus 3:14-15). That name means so much more than we can comprehend- God is. One name that I love to call God has been Daddy. I now have a new name that I enjoy to call God: Rey-papa.

It comes from George MacDonald's writings where the princesses call their father king-papa. I liked the mix of majesty and power that comes with the king, yet he is still their papa. I translated king into Spanish and got Rey.

I have found that using this name when talking to God makes me feel like a child; the eight year old Irene from "The Princess and the Goblin", by MacDonald. I can approach God as a child, as it should be. Rey-papa, this is all for You!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home