-->

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Wow, this just feels really weird. Why, you may ask? Well, mainly because it is warm and we have had pretty much no snow this whole winter season. Now, as soon as I say that, I realize I lived 7 years in Texas, where it was always warm around Christmas. But to tell you the truth, I never did get used to it. I love the snow; not driving or walking in it, but its beauty. (To all my family and friends in Denver, I understand there are times where there is too much for it to be pretty) Right now it is 43 degrees here and tomorrow should be 42 with a chance of rain- now that is too warm for Christmas!

But there is another reason I can't believe it is Christmas Eve- it is just another day. Now, sure, there is a decorated tree in our living room with wrapped presents under it. Our fridge is stuffed with cookies and stollen and Christmas music is being played in our house all the time. But it is just another Monday in my life.

I am just not a person who gets into the holidays- the "spirit", the celebrations, and the importance. I know that this holiday has great meaning to all people, whether they acknowledge it or not. It is amazing that God would come down to earth, to be one of us. But I just don't get the whole idea of a special day of celebration. Is there something wrong with me?? I do not hate the season or am against it in any way. I just don't jump on the bandwagon of the whole thing.

That does not mean I can't wish you a Merry Christmas- have a great time with family and friends and please, take some time to yourself, read the Christmas story and thank God for His great gift to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home