-->

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Words from Wednesday

My friend (whom I always seem to be referring to) does Wordless Wednesdays. Well, to be different, and because I want to post some of my favorite quote from the book I just finished, I am giving my Words from Wednesday. All are quoted from Paul Faber, by George MacDonald. There are so many more: why don't you go read the book :)

“Lord, I have laid my heart upon Thy alter,
But can not get the wood to burn;
It hardly flares ere it begins to falter,
And to the dark return.

Old sap, or night-fallen dew, has damped the fuel;
In vain my breath would flame provoke;
Yet see--at every poor attempt’s renewal
To Thee ascends the smoke.

’Tis all I have--smoke, failure, foiled endeavor,
Coldness, and doubt, and palsied lack;
Such as I have I send Thee; --perfect Giver,
Send Thou Thy lightning back.”

~~~~~~~~~~

"The Maker of men alone understands His awful mystery between the man and woman. But without it, frightful indeed as are some of its results, assuredly the world He has made would burst its binding rings and fly asunder in shards, leaving His spirit nothing to enter, no time to work His lovely will."

~~~~~~~~~~

”…we are as God made us. --No, I will not say that: I will say, rather, I am as God is making me, and I shall one day be as He has made me.”

~~~~~~~~~~

”Her uncle said sleep was God’s contrivance for giving man the help He could not get into him while he was awake.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home