-->

Thursday, August 07, 2008

I'm a nerd OR my feelings about my new position

I was trying to think of a good way to communicate my feelings about being a housemother (HM) this fall. Since they have changed and continue to change, the first thing in my mind was a mathematical equation and graph. However, I didn't want to sit and try to make an equation to clearly communicate it, so I just went about drawing a graph. Here is what I came up with. I know the bottom scale is not consistent, but it would be too wide if it was.

Explanation of a few points:

  • January is when I came down here. I was excited since I was just hired as a housemom, but was going to in education until they had an opening. That excitement quickly decreased when I realized I would not be in a house for some time (it probably dropped faster than on the graph)
  • Mid July I found out that the main plan in the fall was to have me in a house. I probably had two days of high excitement before settling down and waiting for details and the fall to come closer so I could be surer.
  • At the beginning of August, the summer semester ended and I moved to the HM position, which was (and is right now) training. My excitement has continued to grow steady as the fall comes.
  • However, as training continues and the move-in date approaches (Aug 12), I am getting stressed. A few things that are concerns are my menu, shopping, and the house getting cleaned and ready in time for me to get set up before the students move in.

Wow, this has just made me even more stressed and slightly depressed. Dear God, please let everything go as smoothly as possible, even though few things work that way here. You know I can't handle things if they get crazier; I will break.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM , Blogger Joanna said...

You'll do great. Yeah, there's plenty to worry about, and starting out may be rough, but if you don't despair, you'll get in the swing of things and find a new 'normal'.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home