-->

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The car salesmen who doesn't sell

So, I found my perfect car online. I have been looking to buy a Honda Civic, around a 2001. And I found one online. I call the dealer to see if it still for sale. Yep, but he's taking it to auction. It has been on his lot for some time now and he hasn't been able to sell it (so he says). I cross my fingers it will be there when I go home for Thanksgiving and can check it out.

I guess a miracle happened, because according to one of my friends, when a car goes to auction, it sells. But, when I return home and plan on going to check it out, it is still there. I head up to Toledo with my dad and we call about 45 mins before we get there. Yes, the car is still there and the man is nice enough to give us directions.

We arrive. I car is sitting in the lot. We get out, look it over- maybe been rear-ended and fixed up, but looks good. We go in and ask for the keys to the car.
"The 2002 Honda Civic? I just sold it wholesale online to a dealer in Indiana."
"In Indiana? Where?" (Thinking I could track it down).
"One of the big dealers."
"In Indianapolis?"
"Yes."
My dad pipes up "How long ago did you sell it?"
"About 30 mins ago. Sorry, it was just sitting on my lot for 4 months now and I've got to make money."
We walked out, a little confused and frustrated. "Fine, if he doesn't what to sell the car to me, I don't want to buy it from him."

Something was/is fishy. But I guess it's not my place to know. I have a good story to tell about a user car salesman. And I plan on tracking the car. Currently, it can be found online right here: the same place it has been "for the past four months".

2 Comments:

At 7:21 AM , Blogger ashley said...

That is really odd! I don't think you want to buy from him!!

Out of curiosity, I am a bit surprised you want a Civic. I thought you were trying to avoid small cars because of your height?

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger  Image Editing Services said...

I really enjoyed your blog Thanks for sharing such an informative post.
cut out background from image

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home