-->

Monday, December 03, 2007

Channel flipping: Sean Taylor

I'm going to add to the many other online things about Sean Taylor. But he is not the focus of my post.

I was finished with classes and sitting in front of the TV while I ate my lunch. I didn't expect to find anything worth watching on ESPN news. But as I flipped by, they were broadcasting the funeral of Sean Taylor. I only caught the last bit: pastor David Peay Sr. talking about Taylor and his relationship with him, as well as the most important relationship anyone can have. I did my best to write down quotes, but I fear they will be paraphrases. Loud and clear through, I heard him talk about wealth meaning nothing without a relationship with Jesus and that you should "Just come to know Him before it's too late. You've got to know Him. You've got to have a relationship with Him."

Honestly, it caught me a little off guard to hear the truth and what I believe so clearly stated on TV. But I guess that was the intention. It is the truth and it needs to be told. Even when thousands are sitting there for a funeral. Even when you are being broadcast across the nation on ESPN news. I hope and pray many heard the words of Pastor Peay and will think more about knowing Him.

"Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You. There is not greater thing."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home