-->

Friday, December 07, 2007

Senioritis

Here is one big difference between me in previous semesters and me this semester. It is currently 5 after midnight. I have completed one assignment for tomorrow and am about half way through with the other one. Actually, maybe more than half way, but I still have to type it up (it is currently hand written).

Any other semester, I would have stayed up for another hour or so to finish off the assignment. But this semester, I have been unmotivated and therefore sleep has always sounded more important (and interesting) than staying up for an assignment, even if it costs me a few points.

Actually, it's a funny concept. Rather than stay up late and get little sleep for tomorrow, I am planning on getting sleep, working on the assignment later and turning it in complete and well done. All at the cost of a few points. So the work gets done, it gets done well, and I get sleep. I have completed all of my assignments this semester, some with fewer points because they were late.

I never realized that. I still care about learning and the assignments, but not the grades. Hmm...I'm intrigued now. I'll have to fall asleep tonight analyzing my motives and actions this fall. Ah, the life of a psychology major :).

By the way, tomorrow (I guess technically today) is my last day of undergrad classes!

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM , Blogger Joanna said...

Hooray!! Done!! (Almost!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home